£375 per candidate (does not include transport).
East Coast Outdoors takes responsibility for the whole expedition under our risk assessments and safe operating procedures. We hold an AALA licence and pride ourselves on delivering high quality experiences from the point of drop off, until the last participant has been collected. School staff are welcome to attend as pastoral support.
We accept direct participants and provide additional support to help them take up the challenge and succeed.
What we provide:
• Maps, compasses, light weight tents, stoves and fuel.
• Expedition Manager who will co-ordinate with you and support from start to finish.
• Expedition Leaders, Competent Adults and Assessors.
• We have limited stock of rucksacks, waterproofs and roll mats which we can provide free of charge (subject to satisfactory return) if required.
• Attendance at parents’ evenings or school assemblies.
Gold expedition package includes:
• 2 days of training on your school site covering all the essential criteria to prepare candidates for their practice expedition.
• Fully supervised 4-day practice expedition.
• Fully supervised 5-day qualifying expedition (this includes acclimatisation).
• Completion of the relevant forms and documents.
• Upload assessor reports direct onto edofe.
Delivering a gold expedition takes place in wild country. Areas we operate in are listed on the DofE Website https://www.dofe.org/run/expeditionareas/
We will consider the following when deciding on an expedition area:
• Direct or non-direct entry.
• Expectation of the organisation/participants/parents.
• Cost of travel.
Any questions please contact us, we are always happy to talk through your requirements.